Saturday, April 16, 2011

more stripping of the shell

Today I got a little more done towards getting the shell ready for paint. I got the cowl panel stripped, some of the roof, the pass side a and c pillars. I also stripped the drivers door and some of the drivers side quarter. I tried a aerosol stripper called "peeler". It worked really good, stripped the paint but left the factory primer. Considering the expense, I think I'll just use it on areas such as pillars and places where the heat gun and scraper would be too difficult.





I also removed the windshield and back hatch glass. I can see where the finishers that go in the rubber weatherstrips would be difficult to install. I actually had to cut the old dried, hardened rubber away from the finishers or risk damaging them just to get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment