Saturday, January 12, 2013

Well, the weather has not been cooperative of late, so not a lot of work haqs been done to the bodyshell. I have picked up a few pieces here and there. I got a cooling fan and relay module from a Volvo 960, nice and thin, good sized fan. Got the Ford 7.5" rear axle housing back today from getting narrowed. It looks great, I'll post some pics tomorrow. I did learn one thing in gathering parts for the rear end...There are two different length "short side" axles from a 7.5" axle. Apparently the drum brake axles are a different length than a disc brake axle. I grabbed both my "short side" axles and took them to the guy that was narrowing my axle and noticed that they were not the same. IIRC, I got the second short axle from the Mustang 7.5" rear when I was getting all the disc brake parts. So now I need another Ranger axle. The difference is fairly small, the Ranger axle (drum brakes) is 26 3/8" whereas the Mustang axle(disc brakes) is 27 5/16.

No comments:

Post a Comment