Friday, May 11, 2012

other parts and pieces collected so far...

While the bodyshell is a work in progress, I've been collecting more pieces and parts for the build. I acquired a Ranger 7.5" rear axle assy, and am having it narrowed to fit the GT. I got disc brake rotors, backing plates and caliper brackets from a Mustang and calipers/pads from a Taurus SHO. I've modified the caliper brackets to fit the Ranger rear axle per a post on a Ranger forum that someone pointed me to. I also have a locking diff from a Bronco II, along with 3.08 gears from a Ranger. Hopefully with the V6 T5 trans gear ratios, this should be a good setup. If not, there are plenty Rangers out there with 3.45 gears...Also had a friend that used to own a speed shop give me an aluminum rear axle cover that strengthens the carrier with two studs/bolts that press against the carrier bearing caps. Looks good to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment