Friday, May 11, 2012

more progress on the bodyshell

Well, it's been awhile since I updated the blog. I've been busy getting the bodyshell repaired and closer to paint. Stripping the bottom of 38 years worth of oil, road grime and paint isn't easy or fun. But now I've got a line on a soda blaster that a friend has, so I'm putting it on hold so I can get it done a little easier. I built a rotisserie of sorts so I can get tothe bottom of the car a little easier. Here's a couple of pics of the progress so far. It's getting to be summer time here so it's pretty hot and nasty work....not what you would call fun, but a diversion nonetheless.
When I took the front suspension / crossmember off and first turned the car up on it's side, I found a "jog" in the pass side frame rail right under the crossmember mounting holes. At some time in it's life, the car was wrecked or hit on the right front, effectively "shortening" the frame on that side by about a half inch. That's why there were so many spacers at the front bumper mounting bracket on that side...

No comments:

Post a Comment